This press release contains the information on how to get live Start-to-Finish coverage of the 2017 Tour of Utah.
Visit the official Tour of Utah Website
www.tourofutah.com or see specific information about Stage 1 in Logan. View the official route announcement here.
If you are with the media, please see this press release.
There will be a roll out press conference where media can obtain their media credentials on Sunday, July 30 from 2-3 p.m. MT. This is located at the Edith Bowen Laboratory School Auditorium at Utah State University, 6700 Old Main Hill, Logan 84322. The main media location on July 31 will be here:
MAIN MEDIA WORK ROOM IN LOGAN
Bear River Mental Health Services Bldg
90 East 200 North, Logan 84321
(use downstairs entrance off 200 North)
Saturday, July 29 Open 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 30 Open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Road closures and traffic changes are expected to begin at 4:00 AM on July 31 and last until 3:00 PM that day. Read the full press release here.
Highlight Impact Areas in Logan (you are encouraged to read the entire press release):
- The race, which includes professional cyclists and race caravan, will begin and end at 100 East and Federal.
- A closure of 100 East between 200 North & 100 North will begin on Sunday, July 30 to prepare for Monday’s race. On Monday, 100 East will be closed to traffic from 300 North to Center Street beginning at 4 a.m.
- Professional cycling teams will be allowed to park vehicles on Monday close to the start/finish, with 100 North closed from Main St. to 200 East from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The race will begin with one lap of a downtown circuit, proceeding northbound (clockwise) on 100 East and proceeding in a clockwise direction along 300 North, 200 East, Center Street and back to 100 East. These streets will be closed to traffic for the race between 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.
- The race and all caravan vehicles will then use 400 North (U.S. Highway 89) to race past Utah State University and continue northbound toward Garden City. Expect delays near USU on 400 North between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m.
- The race and all caravan vehicles will return to Logan for the finish circuits in southbound direction on 400 North, passing Utah State University between 1:10 to 1:45 p.m.
Applications for individuals and groups are being accepted by each Local Organizing Committee (LOC) which is hosting a stage start or a stage finish at this year’s event. The volunteer registration application is maintained on the Tour of Utah website at www.tourofutah.com.
Individuals can request a specific assignment for one or multiple shifts. Group assignments for families, corporations, clubs and civic organizations encouraged to encourage teamwork and support a local community. Each volunteer receives a commemorative Tour of Utah T-shirt, hat, water bottle, and sun screen products. A box lunch will also be provided daily. The recommended age for volunteers is 18 and older. Applicants must sign a waiver, or have a signature provided by an adult or legal guardian if the applicant is 17 years of age or younger.
View the entire press release here: Call for Volunteers Press Release
Mayor Petersen spent time handing out "Sprint to the Finish" books to children at Bridger Elementary. "Sprint to the Finish" teaches children all about bicycle safety. You can download a copy here.
Sprint to the Finish Bike Race
Monday, July 31
Race begins at 12:00pm
Special thanks to Tour of Utah Sponsors